How often do you wish you had an extra set of hands to help during an emergency situation? The Collie Clip is a simple solution to a complex need, its applications include:
- Attach an IV bag to the Collie Clip and fasten it to a uniform or surrounding infrastructure for quick IV establishment.
- Hold Blood Bag & blood warmer in unconventional environments.
- During traumatic auto extrication, attach the Collie Clip to the vehicle to free up public safety responders from holding IV solutions for entrapped patients.
- In disaster situations, use the Collie Clip to transform mass transportation into mobile EMS units.
- With available attachments, the Collie Clip system can also be used as a waste-bag holder, a line or cable separator, or a cot clip to hang a catheter bag during transport.
Optimising Operating Rooms
The Collie Clip was originally designed as a sterile alternative to unsterile clips that were being used in an OR. Its applications in this environment include but are not limited to:
- Holding documents, swab bowls and sharp bowls.
- Organising wiring and cables, making the OR more organised and structured.
- Acting as an anchor point for oxygen tubing, reducing the risk of accidental removal.
Mass Evacuation of Facility
In a disaster event where a mass evacuation of the facility occurs, the Collie Clip can be used to transform mass transports into mobile EMS units. It can do this by:
- Holding IV drips, blood bags and blood warmers. These can be clipped to any railing or grab handles within the transport.
- Holding drains and catheters.
- Setting up waste bins, simply clip the Collie Clip with a waste bag attachment to any of the surrounding infrastructure.
- Anchoring oxygen tubes in place for patients on stretchers, preventing accidental removal while being transported.
Extending the Capability of the Emergency Department
After a mass casualty incident has occurred and the emergency department has been overwhelmed, the Collie Clip can be used to extend the capability of personnel by:
- Allowing personnel to administer IV drips and blood bags anywhere with infrastructure, reducing the reliance upon available beds.
- Setting up clinical waste bins in any environment quickly and efficiently.
Collie Clip Kits
Below are three of our most popular kits, reach out to our team to discover which one is right for your team.
The First Response Kit contains 4 Collie Clips and the necessary "clip-in" attachments which enables immediate solutions for IV bags and medical waste management.
Available in either black or high visibility orange.
The First Response Kit contains 8 Collie Clips and the necessary "clip-in" attachments which enables immediate solutions for IV bags, positioning of airway tubing, cable routing and medical waste management.
Available in black.
The Resilience Kit contains 10 Collie Clips and the necessary "clip-in" attachments which enables immediate solutions for IV bags, positioning of airway tubing and medical waste management.
Available in high visibility orange.
Don't just take it from us...
Our agency provides emergency medical services to a large two-county service area, a region that has felt the impact of tornados, hurricanes and other natural disasters. In times of disaster response, personnel and equipment are vital in ensuring successful outcomes; they are often in short supply and must be stretched to meet the emergent needs. The Collie Clip is a great tool for use in such critical situations. It can be the equivalent to having an extra set of hands to secure an IV bag and, in turn, frees up valuable personnel resources to accomplish patient care. We are pleased to have the Collie Clip “toolbox” for use in a variety of response situations
Well Engineered, Amazing Product
The pre-hospital environment is challenging for the medical practitioner and for the equipment he or she uses. Kits need to be functional, robust and multi-purpose in nature. The Collie Clip fits the bill in all respects and is very well engineered. I have a reputation for being a crash-test-dummy of pre-hospital medical equipment and this is one of the few items that has survived over a year of intensive use with me!.
In a day of countless questionable gadgets intended to capitalize on increased attention on disaster medical preparedness, it’s refreshing to know that Collie Clips and their accessories have been around for years, and really do help responders do what needs to be done.
Practical and Cost Effective
We’ve found the Collie Clip products to be well conceived, effectively engineered, and robustly constructed. They provide uncommon flexibility in disaster medical response, whether care is being provided in an overtaxed hospital, a temporary facility, or a field setting. These devices are practical and cost effective, and could well be considered a force multiplier, as they can free up personnel from any of supply-and equipment-holding tasks. These products have the additional advantage of functioning effectively even during patient transport on hand-carried lifters, wheeled devices or vehicles.
We have used them” (Collie Clip sets) “in three earthquakes (Pakistan, Sumatra & Haiti) to excellent effect!
The Collie Clip is phenomenal
The product is phenomenal! Its usefulness has not compared to anything I have seen since first exposed to them in 2005. Clinicians, paramedics, med techs and nurses rave about the practicality and usefulness of the product. The Collie Clip has revolutionised the organisation of streamlining the tubing required for intubating patients for care. Truly a remarkable product!
Got Any Questions?
Feel free to reach out regarding any enquiries or questions you may have.